Nazarova Zulkhumor Rakhimovna
Head of the library
Phone: (+998) 90 306-70-69
Library telegram channel: @armtdtuqf
Monday-Friday 8:30 – 16:30
Saturday 8:30 – 14:30
1) About Library
The library of the Kokand branch of the Tashkent State Technical University was established in 2018 and reconstructed in 2018-2019.
The library has a capacity of 240,000 books. At present, the general fund of the branch library consists of 3135 copies of 1883 titles.
The library reading rooms are divided into 3 sectors and have 80 seats.
The library has 3 highly-educated staff.
The library has a total of 652 members, including professor-teachers, staff and students.
In preparation for the 2021/2022 academic year, the library fund was enriched with 488 copies of 122 titles of various types (political, artistic, educational) for a total of 20,000,000 soums.
A total of 99 subjects were taught at the branch during the 2020/2021 academic year, and the coverage of academic literature was 89%. Based on the needs and requirements of readers, electronic libraries on the telegram channel https://t.me/armtdtuqf, https://t.me/elektronuchebnik, https://t.me/kftgturus, https://t.me/audiomanba is organized and regularly enriched with new literature based on the needs of readers. Currently, the total number of publications on these channels is 11,507.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers “On the establishment of the Kokand branch of the Tashkent State Technical University named after Islam Karimov” (No. 754, September 22, 2018), the Library continues its activities. In order to meet the intellectual needs of the younger generation, taking into account modern requirements in the organization of the library network, as well as to create the necessary conditions to provide the population with a wider and more systematic information, the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, in 2006 library was transformed into the Information Resource Center in accordance with the Resolution No. PQ-381 in June 20, 2006 and the Order of the Ministry of Higher Education No. 295 in December 29, 2006. Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. 1487 in February 23, 2011 “On measures to improve the quality of information libraries and information resource services on the basis of information and communication technologies in 2011-2015” – Law of the Republic of Uzbekistan No. PQ-280 “On the activities of the information library” and the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on January 12, 2017 Work is underway on the basis of the order “On the establishment of a commission on reader.”
Duties of the head of the library
- General management of all activities and staff of the library;
- Liaise with university, regional and Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special Education and central libraries to constantly increase the library fund;
- Control over the implementation of all bibliographic works;
- Organization of subscriptions to newspapers and magazines for library;
- Liaise with branch library and other libraries;
- Organization of book fairs in the library;
- Development of future and current work plans;
- Organization of the formation, organization and storage of the library (Information Resource Center);
- Provide the library (Information Resource Center) with the necessary equipment, as well as its computerization;
- To provide the Library (Information Resource Center) with qualified staff, to use the knowledge and experience of the staff, to take measures to increase the responsibility for the assigned work;
- Selection and placement of employees, control over labor and production discipline;
Responsible for the work of the processing and assembly department: participates in the development and review of plans of publishers, collects literature in bibcollector and bookstores, network branch and post office for the complete collection of the library (information resource center) liaising with bookstores, directing the removal of literature from the library (information resource center) and receiving other books in lieu of lost ones, checking accounting documents.
248 total views, 1 views today